Saturday, October 07, 2006

Not the bunny!

The other day I had a fare close to the airport,at present it is free to enter the holding area .
So I waited and got a fare to Swords which is a e10 fare. This is not good but I never complain, its not the punters fault he has a short trip . Some airports like Heathrow have a minimum fare wuich is bad for the punter but good for the taxi driver.
My fare worked in insurance so there was not much to say.
I had dropped him off when I noticed the back door had not been closed properly. As I walked around to close it I saw him..A little bunny, sitting behind the car. I watched him for a few seconds then I noticed the swollen eyes and the lack of cordination, this bunny has myxomatosis and is suffering an awful death.
He was blind and the sores are starting to appear on his body.He is carrying the disease in fleas which were in his fur and if he gets back to the burrow he will infect all the others in the warren. If you were a farmer you would gas the bunnys or bring an infected one like this one to your area to kill the rabbits which are on your farm.
I opened the boot and took the extension from my socket wrench ,turning around slowly I raised the bar above my head,ready to strike. when I heard the scream from the canteen of the office behind me."Look! Than man is killing the little bunny"
OK so the bunny gets a repreve and he and all his mates die. I would have explained to the groundsman who was there what was going on. but he had no english. Such is life.

One day at the airport I picked up well dressed guy who said"Don't be cross with me I have had a really bad day and I am not going yery far" So off we went to Omega air express, Just outside the perimiter fence of the airport. He told me he missed his flight and had to charter a plane. When we arrived I looked at his big black BMW and I saw a wide brimmed hat on the back seat. "Well did the horse win after all the effort?" Yes he did and it really was a great day. Here is 20 pounds. So we both drove away happy. If I had been cross and said something like why dond't you walk over? I would not have been tipped and he would sitll been pissed off, in spite of winning his race in England.

7 comments:

  1. When just a young boy, I accidentally killed a bunny while showing off for a friend. My brother, for YEARS, would whip that out whenever he needed to get the better of me, "at least I never killed a BUNNY!". But it would have been the right thing to do, in your circumstance. Some folks just wouldn't get it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose Mr Hefner would have never foriven me either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the International Taxi Bloggers' Club. I am adding you to my blogroll. By the way, in New York City, if we get a short ride at the airport, the dispatcher gives you a "shortie ticket". This enables you to go to the front of the cue when you return to the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:29 PM

    You ought to take part in a contest for one of the finest sites online.
    I'm going to recommend this site!
    My site :: published here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Nice replies in return of this query with solid arguments and explaining the whole thing on the topic of that.
    My blog go here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:47 PM

    obviously like your website however you need to check the spelling on
    several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to inform the reality nevertheless I will definitely
    come back again.

    Here is my blog Breaking News

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:32 PM

    Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all
    people you really realize what you are speaking about! Bookmarked.
    Kindly additionally consult with my website =).
    We could have a link alternate arrangement among us

    my blog post ... furnished

    ReplyDelete