Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Herrring days


Just one last Christmasey photo.

Carroll singers, notice how the different races are creeping in. In 10 years there will only be 1 or 2 Irish faces.


Not much work around today.
There will be only herrings for dinner.

Well the video in the last posting should waken up some people.

The reality of the recession is hitting home in all sorts of ways. Plenty of stories of car repossessions and home foreclosures.
Cars which cost in excess of e80,000 selling at auction at e40,000 6 months old.
One girl told me that her aunt and uncle run a garage dealership in the UK. Things are so bad that if a customer came up to them and say the sticker price was 12,000 quid. If the customer had cash and was say from Ireland and offered 4,000 IE 1/4 of the price they would be forced to negotiate with him and sell for 6,000 taking a fair hit, but better than having stock which is not selling.
They cannot take cars as trade-ins at present.

The d4 hotels formerly Jurys and Tara Towers and Berkley Court are offering beds for around e20 Mon to Fri in n effort to bring back customers.
You might remember a Mr Dunne borrowed e400 million + to redevelop the site but he could not get planning permission to go as high as he wanted.Now he is a bit stuck.

Elvis is gone now CASH IS KING.
When the sales are over it will be bleak.

Loads of people were sick over Christmas including myself. It finished up with a cough which lingered, so I had to go to the doc who put me on an inhaler, the cough is going slowly but loads of people have it.



The house on Seafield Rd East is up for sale and no one cleaned up the muck on the path. I saw a potential customer nearly falling in the mud.
Not my job to clean it up says the builder, developer and auctioneer.
Looks really bad though.
The point about this house is that it is on Seafield Rd East and is on sale for a whopping 4.7 million euro

Up at the Berkley Court hotel and I noticed that someone had been sick on the path outside, right at the pedestrian exit. As I was coming out from using the rest room I told the porter(who was Indian not that it matters). He came out for a look and went back in and got a pint jug of water and just poured it over the sick. Well if it was me I would have brought out a deck scrub brush and a bucket of water.
Everywhere they are settling for second best in many things from the government down, not forgetting taxi drivers either who don't know where the airport is...


I have just remembered from long ago about our old dog Digger a Jack Russel terrier. He wanted to impress my wife so one day he brought in a dead rat. "look at me! I think you are great too. Here is a present" The good lady was not at all impressed, but I praised the dog....so much so that he came back in a few days later with a live rat. You never saw anyone picking up a brush quicker than I did that day.

Dropping off in Camden St reminded me about one time a woman came back on the train with a load of luggage. She lived up on the top floor and asked me if I wouldn't mind bringing up the bags for her.
3 trips up 2 flights of stairs and guess what?.

Your right NO TIP.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:37 PM

    you,ve got a great view on life john [in a good way :)] keep the views coming
    rusty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:03 PM

    very nice post John, thanks!
    It's so cold in Poland right now, snow has covered all the streets' dust, so they look clean and nice.
    Take care,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Signed on here just to let you know that your blog posts are fascinating. Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments Ann,Rusty etc.
    Its hard to get good help as you can see.
    Still I think things will work out in the end.Our parents went through worse times in the past.
    There are some beautiful dawns in the mornings if you get a chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:54 AM

    i remember an old man got into my taxi one day and i made the comment "miserable weather is,nt it "
    look son he said "as long as you can get out and do what you can the weather should,nt matter "
    how true
    rusty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just commenting to make you be aware of what a brilliant encounter my friend’s girl enjoyed studying your web site. She noticed several things, including what it’s like to have an ideal coaching style to have men and women with no trouble master a variety of complicated subject areas. You undoubtedly did more than readers’ expectations. Thank you for distributing these warm and friendly, dependable, edifying and unique guidance on that topic to Ethel. maxicab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Taxi Services

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... Airport transfers UK

    ReplyDelete