Saturday, April 06, 2013

The Marker Hotel


                The Marker hotel Dublin's newest. Opposite the Board Gas energy theater
                                Irish lights ship Buoys oh buoys !

                       The HailO app becomes the Easter Bunny

                        A pub window advertises "Creamy pints"

Well what a lovely sunny Spring day.

Today is the day to be in Liverpool for the Grand National at Aintree.
They say that a woman might win it this year. Ted Walsh's daughter.
I think a woman called Elizabeth Taylor won it once on a horse called National Velvet.
But I could be wrong.

I had to turn off the comments box on the blog, I was getting spammed.
It was so bad that there were over 8,000 "comments" over the last month or so.
So I have blocked it of until it cools down.

We are having a calm period after Easter with the schools closed.
On Monday things will kick off again and the usual panic will start when the students realize that May is getting closer and the exams are coming, lots of work to be done.

I passed my NCT for the car.
I had to drive to Drougheda around 30 miles away to do it as the NCT centers in Dublin could not see me for 8 weeks. The only minor hiccup was that I had a flat Tyre and I put one of the wheels of my wife's car on as I didn't have time to get it repaired. The tyre was a different size.
So I had to change the wheel and go back again.
This is called a "visual" where you go back to any center and the look, no charge.
Then they issue the cert.
My car is a hybrid and they cannot measure the emissions.
When the tester saw there was no emissions test done, he said that the form should have stated "Hybrid car" at  the top.
Therefore the car would have to be re tested !
The receptionist was very good. She pointed out that there was no need to put Hybrid on the form as it was Hybrid on the system, now and for always.
So he then issued the cert.
Next week I have to go to SGS who look to see if I have a sticker on the door?, Is my roof sign correct?.
Have I got a fire extinguisher? warning triangle? torch? note book and pencil? plus a first aid kit which is in date?. You and I and the dogs in the street know that this operation could have been done in the NCT center in the first place, as it used to be done.

DEATH BY A THOUSAND KNIFE CUTS.

I would be happy if they corralled a group of taxis in and checked them out properly.
I cannot compete with guys who don't pay taxes or insurance while claiming benefits.
On Sundays at the Heuston station rank the Taxi Regulator used to appear with high viz jackets !
15 or 20 taxis would leave the rank and drive away while the inspectors would check the remaining cars.
"Happy to report that all the remaining cars were legal"
Now there is a big waste of money for a start.

When this is all done I would like to win the Euromillions (€50 would do) and take a few days off.

I am starting to suffer from taxi driver syndrome! Moaning all the time

How to you know when there is a taxi driver on the airplane?

That awful whining noise carry's right on to the baggage carousel !

Anyhow time marches on. the paper chase  should end next week.

Last night was the Trinity ball_____"Where's me morning after pill?"

I met a guy going to play the saxophone by night, who answers 999 calls, by day.
I told him that there was a movie director who played in a jazz band in New York.
He was being presented with an Oscar for the movie "Anny Hall" It was his Jazz night.
Woody Allen was playing Jazz that night instead of going to Hollywood to receive his award.

An aspiring actress who had to do a run around to find her wallet from the night before.

A financial controller for McDonalds, she told me that they had bought back the franchise form the guy who brought McDonalds to Iteland.
That is a great story in itself.(She knew it well)

A reporter from the Irish Times.

An Author who tells me that agents and publishers are crooks !

A Lawyer, hot talking on his fone all the time.( I would like to meet his client)

Girls to the airport from Spain,Norway and Latvia.

Then there was the girl who stopped me at the Artaine roundabout going to the Coombe hospital.
With a camera in hand she urged me to hurry up.
Her very best friend in the world was haying a baby, she had been there with her for ages and had gone home to get food and a wash Now the baby was really coming fast.
She was ready with camera in hand to photograph the event.
"Hurry or I will be late"
I think in the very unlikely event that I might have a baby the last thing I would want would be the click of cameras and flashing lights.
Anyhow we were doing fine and she told me about her own baby born prematurely at 7 months.
"So small that when you were giving it a bath it was like washing a tiny fish"
So we crossed the Liffey and went straight on to go around the back of Trinity college via Pierce St when her frend who was a taxi driver from India rang her.
"Where are you? What are you doing in Pierce St ? You are going the wrong way"
I wanted her to hand me the phone so that I could speak to this master driver, but she carried on talking to him. After Dame St he told her to meet him at Jurys Hotel at Christchurch.
She got out, he wasn't there and when I went down Patrick's St there was a massive traffic jam heading for Cork St.So he should go down Thomas St and round the back of Guinness's brewery.
A bus lane all the way.

Oh well I bet you won't see many jockeys changing horses in the Grand National.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment